[members] Lemay Museum Saturday August 18th

travis at skyheating.com travis at skyheating.com
Sun Aug 12 21:49:02 CDT 2012

Alright, here are the final details for next Saturdays drive up to the Lemay Car Museum, which if you have not yet been, it is WELL worth the trip. If you have any questions or are running late/get lost from the group my cell number is 503-730-6743
We will meet at the Gee Creek rest stop on I5 at Mile Post 11. I think this should be far enough north that nobody will be backtracking to get to the meeting point. This is the same place we meet for The Ridge track tour. I would like to meet here by 8:00 AM and leaving the rest stop no later than 8:15. We will take I5 up because I think it will be the easiest and give us the most time at Griots Garage and the Lemay Museum.
>From here we will head up to Griots Garage, which has about 10 historic race cars on display as well as ANY product you could ever need for auto detailing and if you wish they will put on a quick clinic for you if you have questions about any products. We should arrive here about 10:30AM and will only stay 20 or 30 minutes for people that would like to buy products or see the vintage/historic race cars on display.
http://www.griotsgarage.com/category/about+us/tacoma.do
We will then head to Johnnys Dock restaurant which has a great view of the puget sound and from what i have heard some great food. They also have LOTS of parking and easy entry for low cars. Their food is price about $12-$20 per plate for lunch, a little more than we are used to but once again well worth it.
http://johnnysdock.com/menu.html
I am hoping we will be done with lunch by about 1:00 which will leave us 4 hours at the Lemay Auto Museum and we will probably end up needing all 4 of them. The collection of cars truely is fantastic with everything from modern Ferrari sports cars to historic lotus race cars and classic cars.
http://www.lemaymuseum.org/

At 5 when the museum closes we will all head home or stay the night in seattle or tacoma so everybody will be on their own to drive back to portland or wherever they are headed.
Since I am long winded here is the abridged version.
8:15AM Leave Gee Creek rest area
10:30 Arrive Griots Garage, shop and look at cars for 30 minutes
11:30 Arrive Johnnys Dock Restaurant and eat lunch
1:00 PM Arrive Lemay Museum and view an eclectic collection of cars
5:00 Everybody heads their seperate ways

Questions Call me 503-730-6743

Travis Smith - Comfort Consultant
Sky Heating & Air Conditioning
503-235-9083(Office)