[members] Fw: Lotus Ltd Moves LOG33 from CT to NY

Mark Velky dmc.lotus at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 17 17:26:37 CST 2012

CLNW Member

    Passing it along.

Mark

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "webguy at gglotus.org" <webguy at gglotus.org>
To: Douglas Jackson <douglasejackson at hotmail.com>; Mark Velky (ELCC/Club Lotus Northwest) <dmc.lotus at yahoo.com>; Alan Perry (ELCC) <alanp at snowmoose.com>; Randy Chase <randychase at gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 15, 2012 11:29 AM
Subject: Lotus Ltd Moves LOG33 from CT to NY

Doug, Randy, Mark & Alan,

It seems the Connecticut location for LOG33 is no
more. One of the board members of Lotus Ltd, Tony Vaccaro is the new chairman of
LOG33 and has moved the event to New York near Watkins Glen on Aug 2-4. This is
the same venue that was used for LOG7.

I don't think this will have any impact on the
WCLM, as the events are 1 month and 3000 miles apart.

Tony posted the following on the USA7's list
-

Sent: 12/13/2012 9:34:34 P.M. Eastern Standard Time
Subj: Lotus Owners
Gathering (LOG) 33 and the LOONYs

Hello all,

Bad news, LOG 33 in
Limerock is no longer occurring.

GOOD NEWS! LOG33 IS AT WATKINS GLEN! AND
WE’RE THE HOST CLUB!

THE DATE: August 2, 3, and 4, 2013. For those that
do not know, LOG is the national convention of the Lotus Ltd car club, which we
are an affiliate of.

We (Brian and Tony) are co-chairing the event. What
does this mean for you, the respectable LOONY member?

Nothing or
something. Seriously. We are hosting the LOG due to the short time frame until
the next LOG and the combined experience allows us to put on a LOG quickly and
easily. We would like to invite any LOONY to join us in helping put on the LOG.
We will have plenty of jobs to share so please let us know if you would be
interested in joining us. If you do not want to join in helping during the
weekend, that’s okay. We’ll still like you! Seriously, it really is no problem
but we do hope everyone takes the opportunity to come to a Lotus Owners
Gathering while it is in our backyard, even if you just wish to attend and not
join in on the help. We would like to note that because of insurance
requirements you must be a member of Lotus Ltd to attend the LOG and when you
register as a non-member, your fee includes a one year membership. You also must
be a member of Lotus Ltd to help us with the event.

Tony can tell you
that there is a very satisfying feeling in doing a good LOG and this is really
how our club got started when we all got together to do LOG 7, at the Glen, 25
years ago.

Details for the LOG:
Host hotel is the Radisson in Corning,
New York. Friday reception, Saturday Banquet, and possibly Sunday Dinner will be
held at the host hotel. We will be at the track on Saturday for the concourse.
Yes, you heard us right. We will be right back where we were, at LOG7, doing our
panoramic photo and concourse at the infield of the track in the same place we
did it 25 years ago. There will also be a laps and lunch event on Sunday for
those interested. Track day: we are pleased to announce that the Porsche Club of
Northern New Jersey has allowed our members to join in their 3-day track event.
The track event will be held on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. If you are
interested in doing the track event please contact Tony for more information.
You will have to register the very first day to get in, as their events fill up
quickly.

Truthfully, we have most of the planning already done and we
will need people on the ground Fri, Sat, and Sun to help us out. We will do a
time line and everyone will have specific job to do at a specific time. Nobody
but us will have to do that much during the weekend. In fact, Tony might even
get to enjoy LOG now that he has Brian taking a lead role.

Some of the
jobs that we are looking for help on:
Planning of the incoming rallys. we
plan to have incoming rallys that will just be finding landmarks and such for
people coming to LOG. We want to do one for each of the 4 major compass headings
and we will award those trophies on Friday night.
People to help with the
parking on Friday and placing of our signs along the route close to the
hotel.
Setting up of the car wash area
Checking the incoming rally scores
and letting us know who won.
Decorating the Reg room
Registration Room
(both Friday and Sat morn)
Co-ordinating the tech sessions with the people
doing them and the room assignments
Person to attend to the needs and offer
help to whoever our speaker is
Poster ( I guess this is where I ask Frank if
he wants to do another poster for LOG)
Setting up of the
picture/crafts/models tables
Control of the water and setup of same at the
concourse
Parking of cars for the concourse (Bill B and Don F have already
volunteered for this)
Control of the door prizes. (if we have any) We believe
Dave L has signed on for this. If you know of any potential advertisers or door
prize donors, please let us know.
Counting of the ballots for the concourse
(Dennis and Jane may have signed on for this but we need at least 2
more)
Counting of the ballots for the photo/model/crafts contest
Cleanup
of the concourse area at the Glen track
Decorating the banquet
hall
Reading the liars and hard luck awards and awarding the
prizes.
Return of the model/photos/crafts to LOG participants. Sat night and
Sunday morn.
Autocross setup and all things associated with that, including
getting the water to the event. We may have the SCCA do this for us, or we can
do it ourselves. Arrangements have been made to have the timing and cones if we
need them. Tentatively will be held at Ferrario Auto Team in Elmira.

We
are sure there are things that we have missed but we wanted to get this out to
all of you.

Please make your reservations at the Radisson, as they only have 170 rooms
(we have blocked 150) and they will sell out. Mention the Lotus group to get the
$129 rate,

We would like to apologize for us taking this on without
talking to the rest of the LOONYs. But to be honest , if we had not jumped in,
there would possibly not been LOG. We really have done a lot of this and since
Tony has been involved in 3 LOGs and chaired 2 LOGS before, he really can “phone
in” a lot of the pre-LOG arrangements.

If you want to help out and
whatever you help out with incurs expenses such as fuel or whatever, you will be
reimbursed.

This will be a great LOG and we hope you all join
in.

If you joining in on the planning and execution, please send Tony an
email and he will put you on a special LOG email list for updates and
directions.

Regards,
Brian and Tony Vaccaro

Kiyoshi Hamai