[members] Fw: News from Friends of P.I.R

Mark Velky dmc.lotus at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 10 13:46:10 CST 2012

CLNW Member

    Passing it along.

Mark
----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Friends of PIR <info at fopir.com>
To: dmc.lotus at yahoo.com
Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2012 11:30 AM
Subject: News from Friends of P.I.R

LATEST NEWS
Arount the Track
Record Night at PIR
INFORMATION
FOPIR Website
DownloadsSend In Your PIR Articles and Photos
ABOUT FOPIR

Friends of PIR is a non-profit service organization committed to the
preservation and enhancement of PIR as a resource for those who use it, both
participants and spectators alike; sustaining and expanding PIR's civic
contribution as an institution in North Portland; providing guidance and support
for the ongoing management of PIR in a manner that assures its ongoing value as
a venue for motorsports, police training, bicycling, and other diverse forms of
recreation and entertainment.     CHECK OUT PIR UPCOMING EVENTS
Portland International Raceway Scheduleor download the complete 2012 Schedule (PDF)
 Around the Track   By Mark Wigginton - PIR Track Manager

The season is drawing to a close, with just a few more events before the Winter Wonderland Holiday Light Show goes up. It opens this year on Thanksgiving, and there are special events throughout the run, including a foot race, a dog walk night, a bicycle night and the convoy night (think Parade of Ships, but with decorated semi-trailers). Just closed is Scream at West Delta, a new home for the Halloween horror show and carnival that has been at Jantzen Beach the last few years.

It was an interesting season, with the economy still adding some headwinds to clubs and promoters as they work to get enough participation. But that seems to be turning around, and late season motocross, drags and high performance days, in cars and on motorcycles, were well attended. Let's hope the trend continues into 2013.

One big change in 2012 was the addition of several racing events - on foot. The Color Run was a huge, well attended and popular 5K event that drew more than 15,000 runners to PIR for a lovely fall September Saturday. Another first time fun run 5K, Kiss Me Dirty, was also a success, as were fund-raiser walks for the American Cancer Society and the Walk to End Alzheimer's. It turns out PIR is a great place for a run or walk, being centrally located, offering plenty of on-site amenities, easy access to light rail and no pesky street closure permits. We expect that trend to continue in 2013.

The 2013 calendar is coming together, with the biggest change is moving the Portland Historics to the weekend BEFORE Fourth of July, rather than the week after. The PIR Auto Swap is back in April, and after a successful first PIR Fall Auto Swap under our belts, that event will return in October again next year.

Look for a new website in the month ahead, complete with the full new schedule and some interesting new events in 2013.

See you at the track.

  Record Night  At P.I.R. For The Beaches Cruisin'
By Mark Matthias

Beaches Summertime Cruisin' ended the 2012 season with a record night on September 26.  1737 cool rides showed up which translates to around 3500 people enjoying the live music, drag racing, and admiring an eclectic group of classic cars, customs & bikes.  It was a great celebration for an incredible summer that allowed us to provide donations in the amount of $206,000 to local charity organizations.  The Beaches Team wants to say thanks to all our Sponsors, the Car participants, and all those who come down on Wednesday's to take part in a fun community event.

Prepare For Winter Driving    By Kristen Moore
  Winter weather has arrived, and that means hazardous road conditions.  Give your family the winter driving skills they'll need by signing them up for Pro Drive's Car Control and Defensive Driving Course.  This behind-the-wheel training is the best way for drivers to learn techniques required for driving in bad weather conditions and is currently on sale at http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001QZitjwJeD2f3Aj0zBQS0KJtMwdeCLFP09na6LbqNZkOENcaqrN8ywMjZ8kk0Ct9N5XHD9uxkNKU7pXZ74ZYlM2tGB2lNRl5h8P7GNrFTXgU=!

Driving SchoolGet on the fast track with the CSCC Track Driving School course at P.I.R.Driving School Schedule & Info

FOPIR Is On FacebookFriends of PIR has a part of the social networking community of Facebook.  Follow us for the latest in FOPIR news and happenings.

FOPIR Now Accepting Donations
Friends of PIR are now accepting donations online or by check. Several user
groups have made some great donations to FOPIR. Please keep FOPIR
in mind when making end of the year donations. We appreicate your continued
support.

Mail donations
to:
Friends of PIR
13625 NE Jarrett St
Portland OR
97230

Or online at:
http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001QZitjwJeD2dAAbglwcJ7tuyFX6bNCVXWT0qWiyY1guF6xZ9AYb3jbzBsGcV_4oQPhlx3UqO-92crkdaFVC0LWUk5Jknq3FiSpi_OdlnXzZKm5CEdtHB3-g==
(look for the Pay
Pal link on main page, bottom left side)

Forward email

This email was sent to dmc.lotus at yahoo.com by info at fopir.com |
Friends of P.I.R| 13625 NE Jarrett St| Portland| OR| 97230