[members] CLNW - Something To Think About

Mark Velky dmc.lotus at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 17 15:39:12 CDT 2012

CLNW Member

    At the last few Meetings I have been talking about the possibility of CLNW getting involved with helping to put on the Portland All British Field Meet starting next year. I touched base with one of the big wigs at the last PDX ABFM about that possibility and my very basic understanding is it would require someone to attend the planning meetings during the year and of course volunteers during Labor Day weekend. Now, I also understand that CLNW was involved in the past (before I joined the Club) but stopped because the Club was just to small and did not have enough people to help. Now, I also know the Club has been gaining Members for several years and although we are still a small Club I feel we have enough Active Members to be able to do this. The big question is can we get enough Committed Volunteers for this and is it something you think the Club should do? My plan is to discuss and vote on this during the Sun. Oct. 21st 2012 Business
 Meeting. Two positive things I feel right off the bat that would come from this are:

    1. It would help to up our visibility locally.

    2. It would get us more involved with the local British Car Clubs and help us to build some good relations with them.

I'm sure there are many more good things that can come from this.

    Just a reminder this is not the same as the WCLM involvement next year, which is also something we plan to discuss and vote on on Sun. .

Change The Rules
     Mark Velky