[members] Fw: Lotus Evora 414E Hybrid Wins Award, Turbo Set Up, And Why Lotus - April 2013

Mark Velky dmc.lotus at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 30 13:42:41 CDT 2013

CLNW Member

    Passing it along.

Mark

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: LotusTalk.com <bounce at vsobr.com>
To: dmc.lotus at yahoo.com
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2013 10:12 AM
Subject: Lotus Evora 414E Hybrid Wins Award, Turbo Set Up, And Why Lotus - April 2013

Lotus Evora 414E Hybrid Wins Award, Turbo Set Up, And Why Lotus - April 2013
To view this email as web page click here
    April 2013

________________________________

Welcome to the April 2013 edition of the LotusTalk.com newsletter!

To start off this month, our good friends from AutoGuide.com have a great article about the Lotus Evora 414E Hybrid winning a big award. Click on the first link below to read all about it!
Also in this month's newsletter we've put together a great collection of threads for our community, including a discussion on why you bought a Lotus, pics of a turbo set up, and thoughts on washing your Lotus. After you've read all that, you can click on the image to the right to head to GoProForums.com, a great new site dedicated to the GoPro camera.

Enjoy this month's newsletter and remember to drive safely out there!

-Your LotusTalk.com Staff
    Lotus Evora 414E Hybrid Wins SAE World Congress Tech Award
The Lotus Evora 414E Range Extender Hybrid has received the SAEs Automotive Engineering International (AEI) Tech Award for its design and engineering innovation.
    ok... So why Lotus?
So.... why Lotus?   Why did you guys spend your 30k or greater on a mid engine go-kart? What makes you LOVE Lotus? Am I the only one who calls random (ugly) girls at the bar by my car's name to make them seem remotely interesting?  Why not get a BMW? (If I hear the last one again.... one word. Columbine)  Why did I get one? I am 20 years old, kinda wealthy (for my age), single and I hate all of my friends.   I personally expect every answer to be the same as mine, for I am curtain that everyone here is young, has some cash to throw around, single and hates their friends.
    CO Elise with blue wheels ?
Not everyone's cup of tea, I know. But I'm gonna try it. I already bought one can of plastidip. If it turns out bad, it's easy to remove.  The car:  Image: http://imageshack.us/a/img687/3976/p10307371.jpg  The goal; blue wheels like this GT3-RS:  Image: http://imageshack.us/a/img834/8629/p10307451.jpg   Anyone ever attempted this before ?
    My project Lotus S2 Rover from Russia
Sorry for my English.  Spec Sheet:  Salon  Gauges (oil pressure temperature) Belts (Luke FIA)   Brake system Brake discs K-Sport 286x26  Brake Pads Endless CC-RG   Brake pads FERODO PERFORMANCE (r)  Brake fluid MOTUL 660 Brake reinforced hoses   Engine  Cat Replacement Pipe S2  Throttle Trophy-160 52mm  + Adapter  Spark plug wires (red)  Pillows engine 3 pc.  Plate in the pan (sump-baffle) Collector EP  Water to Oil Cooler KIT (OIL COOLER)  Filter of zero resistance EP  RedLine 5W50  Box : Clutch AP racing  Flywheel EN24 Differential pg1 quaife   Suspension  Toe Link Kit (Reinforced)  Studs + Nuts  Discs SMK R16x7J ET30 & R17x8J ET25  10mm spacer  Aerodynamics  Sport Side Scoop  Front Splitter   --------------------------     in this way I bought it weight 805kg  only filter Image: http://a.
    My engine swap
Last November I went out for a drive with the Ferrari guys and while playing with a F430 at high speeds my engine went all farty and smokey. I burnt a hole in piston number one between the exhaust valves and the back pressure sprayed oil all over my engine compartment.  The best I can figure is that I have a early Gen 1 Radium surge tank (one of the first) and they had a update and because I am too impatient and home so little I decided to do it myself instead of sending it in.
    Top 10 Cars of the 2013 New York Auto Show
Image: http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/wp-content/uploads//2013/03/New-York-Auto-Show-copy.jpg  Winter's icy stranglehold on the northern hemisphere has finally been broken. After months of gray skies and freezing weather spring is finally in the air. Automakers are responding to the warmth and sun by emerging from product hibernation. Companies located in places ranging from South Korea to the United Kingdom have unveiled a bumper-crop of new hardware ranging from sensible to insane.
    car wash
Hi all, this past summer i got myself a lotus elise sc and had a smile on my face ever since. so my question is what do you guys do when it comes time to wash your car? do you take it to a regular car wash? a detailing center? do it yourself?  I tried washing the car myself but to lazy to do it again. feels weird taking to a regular car wash too.   your opinions appreciated ...
    You asked for it, here there are ... pics of my turbo set-up
Here there are
If you would prefer not to receive any further emails from us, please click here to visit your account area and uncheck the "Receive Email from Administrators" option.
Sponsor this Newsletter! Our monthly newsletter is a great way to reach new customers, and promote your latest products at very affordable rates. Email sales at autoguide.com for more information or contact your sales rep.
LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
111 Peter Street, Suite 700
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
M5V 2H1   Follow Us       Unsubscribe