[members] Essex Esprit

Dave M davem.jma at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 14:55:03 CDT 2013

That car is impressive.

Straightaway I noticed the Compomotive wheels, which are correct for this
car.  I suspect the tartan cloth might simply be the owner's own covering
on part of the central arm-rest. A good idea.

I have never seen the "Lotus Essex" inscription on the cam covers in any
photo of an Essex Esprit, so that is a surprise.

There should be side decals indicating the car's number.

There were some Essex-spec Esprits built, but without the livery.  I read
of one such car where the livery was changed so that it would appear to be
an Essex (this was in Europe).

The VIN of this car should be in the format of the Domestic/RoW cars rather
than the Federal (U.S.) cars.

Would love to see this car locally!

-Dave