[members] Fw: Oregon Festival of Cars Event Update 8-26-2013

Mark Velky dmc.lotus at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 27 13:32:25 CDT 2013

CLNW Member

    Passing it along.

Mark

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Oregon Festival of Cars <info at oregonfestivalofcars.com>
To: dmc.lotus at yahoo.com
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2013 5:20 PM
Subject: Oregon Festival of Cars Event Update 8-26-2013

Untitled Document

Oregon Festival of Cars Update - 8.26.2013
Some Very Cool Cars are Coming
   Sure, we’re featuring Porsche 911s, Corvettes, Aston Martins and Lamborghinis because they are all celebrating anniversaries this year, but it’s not all about the featured cars. Here are several cool “unfeatured” cars that are going to be getting a lot of attention this year:
     • 1961 Ferrari One-Off Speciale, fresh from the Pebble Beach Concours
     • 1981 Delorean DMC-12
     • 1979 Lotus S2 Esprit, #10 of 56 cars built to commemorate Mario Andretti winning the 1978 Formula 1 Driver and Constructor championships
Remember, the Festival is open to any sports or special interest car, and it doesn’t have to be an expensive show-stopper to fit in. Just wash it, wax it, and show it!
Registration Special
  We know it took a while to get the year sorted out, but we’ve ended up with a gorgeous venue for the Festival. You are going to love Broken Top Club!
In recognition of our late start, we have extended the Early Bird registration to August 31. Register now to avoid the fee increase on September 1.  You may register online at MotorsportsReg.com. You may also still fax or mail in your registration. Pricing and registration details at: http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001wS-mQQGvLOC3e2LtHpkCs-4bkBdXXPhIRpdvkmy_SJdNHI8zeNpfIOpAMwD7r6vngRg35T4z8g_3L-RJO-nvMaxnrdAfLStSwBe2Z13TvfeGZExNL52WP_kkWuHrPh79nJQTqvspZ40-GBSB0PchWW889CpBKVxxBSZ1zkSu_SBR7Oz_JBl_VrhUAfPoYU7Fkfd0XwIfYfMprjrWlRGYbw==&c=6ciX21JUo0yPyi6bJFy3Pw2y0MZWouqL6u4DGLMJ-mhJo7SOuy6fUg==&ch=2EiULyGd-bBYy0Br1PjYxOgKJv3QPj-heydYTNnl9diEeqmqODbzPw==.
More Food for the Festivalers...
We know you love cars first, but we also know that great food is a close second for you. This year, we’ll start the day off right with a nice continental breakfast provided for us by Broken Top Club.
Upgraded Car Wash
  Sidedraught City, Portland’s favorite Griot’s Garage dealer, is back this year. Better yet, Neil d’Autremont enticed new sponsor Mark Scholz, the premier real estate broker for car guys at Portland Homes For Cars, to become a new Festival sponsor. We were talking about the Festival at this year’s Monte Shelton Northwest Classic Rally, and the conversation turned to the fact that the Festival car wash just couldn’t hold a candle to the NW Classic Beer Wash. So Neil and Mark took charge of the Festival car wash, borrowed a page from our friends, and agreed to bring a keg to the Oregon Festival of Cars Beer Wash on Friday afternoon. You can use the beer to wash your car if you want, but the recommended procedure is to drink the beer while washing your car with the fine detailing products that will be provided by Griot’s Garage. Plenty of beer will also be available for your co-entrant and friends, who we expect will sit idly by while
 mercilessly critiquing your washing style and effectiveness.
Airstream is Back
  We are very happy to welcome Airstream Adventures Northwest back as a Festival sponsor. They will be displaying several of their beautifully crafted silver bullet trailers on the Festival field. Be sure to take a walk through and see how the other half roughs it.
ACCOMMODATIONS...
  While some of the "best rates" dates have expired, you will will find great accomodations. Contact information for all these hotels is available on the Festival website's Accommodations page. http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001wS-mQQGvLOC3e2LtHpkCs-4bkBdXXPhIRpdvkmy_SJdNHI8zeNpfIMrL-BaS9I2Jdx9lKNC0cagu6ND4VwJfsX5So-ZNSNURKEVdl3TqiihvXmh7d277HFFYkXBvdGWVQg-MtPZvdEjjBep0lxZ0udBXjUfnokDasNj06xXzanIJDePcXtBm6VNogGUbD2Nlqb0HS-lr_r7euHueAPLD9g==&c=6ciX21JUo0yPyi6bJFy3Pw2y0MZWouqL6u4DGLMJ-mhJo7SOuy6fUg==&ch=2EiULyGd-bBYy0Br1PjYxOgKJv3QPj-heydYTNnl9diEeqmqODbzPw==
Mount Bachelor Village Mount Bachelor Village is down the road from Broken Top Club. In addition to its normal hotel rooms, it offers 1- and 2-bedroom condos with covered carports. It’s a pretty place, with lots of trees and green and sits right on the Deschutes River. Best of all, it includes a meeting center where we can congregate each night and drink each other’s wines and other concoctions. They are also providing a complimentary breakfast on Sunday morning.
The Oxford Hotel The Oxford Hotel is a world-class, modern urban hotel in downtown Bend. Top-level accommodations, a very upscale feel, a short drive to Broken Top Club, and numerous other little details make this the place to stay if you want the more “refined” experience.
The Riverhouse Hotel & Convention Center The Riverhouse is the site of our Saturday evening banquet, so you can comfortably walk to and from dinner. The Riverhouse offers comfortable accommodations along the Deschutes River, and is only a very short drive to Broken Top Club and Club Carrera.
Get a Move On!
  If you haven’t registered yet, quit wasting time and do it! We know you love the Festival, we know you always enjoy seeing all your car friends, and we know you’re going to love the beautiful venue. The weather will be perfect for a road trip, and you know the food is always awesome. It’s the last great car event of the year, and we can’t wait to see you! http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001wS-mQQGvLOC3e2LtHpkCs-4bkBdXXPhIRpdvkmy_SJdNHI8zeNpfIMrL-BaS9I2JrOQkkf6REEBMTJfJOAvHasktRGSiPOME7Ip_JriDdqEIfyucKqjhPqMc7aji24SKvPIfjEWiS8q3X-OExFqrBifijvkJTCLjb6zFFQd70Zh_N1jeeLlZSHx-73VQFqGwdFc61FvpyyI=&c=6ciX21JUo0yPyi6bJFy3Pw2y0MZWouqL6u4DGLMJ-mhJo7SOuy6fUg==&ch=2EiULyGd-bBYy0Br1PjYxOgKJv3QPj-heydYTNnl9diEeqmqODbzPw==
For those of you who have registered, we thank you and remind you that you have two days to get us your car photo for the program, and don't forget the Registration and hosted dinner at Club Carrera on Friday night, starting at 6:30pm. This is where you'll get your goodie bag and registration information. If you can't make it, let us know so we can arrange getting your stuff to you!

Like us on                     2013 Charity:
Copyright 2013 Oregon Festival of Cars | For more information: info at oregonfestivalofcars.com

Forward email

This email was sent to dmc.lotus at yahoo.com by info at oregonfestivalofcars.com |

Oregon Festival of Cars | 4004 Kruse Way Place, Suite 200 | Lake Oswego | OR | 97035