[members] Fw: Lotus To Debut Pure Race-Bred Exige CupR, Chrome Lotus Elise, And The Origin Of The Lotus Name - February 2013

Mark Velky dmc.lotus at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 27 15:59:01 CST 2013

CLNW Member

    Passing it along.

Mark

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: LotusTalk.com <bounce at vsobr.com>
To: dmc.lotus at yahoo.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 10:38 AM
Subject: Lotus To Debut Pure Race-Bred Exige CupR, Chrome Lotus Elise, And The Origin Of The Lotus Name - February 2013

 Lotus To Debut Pure Race-Bred Exige CupR, Chrome Lotus Elise, And The Origin Of The Lotus Name - February 2013
To view this email as web page click here
    February 2013

________________________________

Welcome to the February 2013 edition of the LotusTalk.com newsletter!

To start off this month, our good friends from AutoGuide.com have a great article about a pure race-bred Exige CupR from Lotus. Click on the first link below to read all about it!

Also in this month's newsletter we've put together a great collection of threads for our community, including a look at a chrome Lotus Elise, pics of a custom steering wheel, and a very interesting discussion on the origins of the Lotus name. After you've read all that, you can click on the image to the right to learn about the 10 best cars for resale value from AutoGuide.com.

Enjoy this month's newsletter and remember to drive safely out there!

-Your LotusTalk.com Staff
    Lotus to Debut Pure Race-Bred Exige CupR
Lotus Racing just announced a series of first public debuts during the 2013 Autosport International Show in Birmingham, U.K.
    Chrome Lotus Elise
Has anyone changed there car co our to chrome
    New 2bular 4-2-1 N/A Header!
Had another look at the original design and made a few improvements. Image: http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g439/JimmyV3/2bular%20exhausts/148.jpg   Image: http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g439/JimmyV3/2bular%20exhausts/149.jpg   Image: http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g439/JimmyV3/2bular%20exhausts/153.jpg   This is an all-Stainless header. I've paid attention to clearances around the trunk area and there's maximum clearance at driveshaft and alternator.
    Why "Lotus" original name?
*_PLEASE_*, why "*Lotus*" original name?  I know Chapman letters "ACBC". But why "Lotus" name?  It is very simple for fans. I fins this info.  *THANKS!*
    Tony's Elise V2
First off I want to thank all of my friends and all of the members here on LT. There would have been no way I could have undertook this entire process without the assistance and advice of you guys. You all are amazing, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. The last several months have been stressful. Countless 4am nights and this last night I did not sleep at all, but finally I was able to drive my Elise again this morning, and she'll be completely back to 100% by this Friday :D  For those of you that don't know, my Elise was damaged by a tire shop about 4 months ago.
    At it again. TheChazz Winter thread
Time for the winter tear-down! Have had a few small and major issues come up I want to fix as well and cleaning up some of the wear and tear. Also lots of preventive maintenance and ease-of-use mods!  The Preliminary MUST list: New SSC Shifter and Gate Cables ($750 OUCH) BOE's Aluminum Radiator $450ish? "TheChazz" V2 Front Splitter (I will be making during this thread) Fix a small leak in the exhaust (Wrong size clamp) All new brake pads all around New rear brake rotors Have brake Calipers cleaned, honed, shot peend, and powdercoated (Gloss Gunmetal maybe?) Fix a small crack in the bottom of the front clam Touch up paint Replace Front and side rocker panel paint protection.
    Tinted the Elise
Received the car back from my tint guy.  I told him to have fun with the back window.  I have to say he has some mad skills.  And yes, you can actually see through the entire image.  Might be a bit garish for some, but I think it looks pretty good.  Corvus
    My custom steering wheel
So I had my steering wheel re-wrapped in alcantara with orange stitching.  I had Redline goods do it.  (I had gotten alcantara shift and e-brake boots from them and decided to have them do my steering wheel to match.)  I love it, it came out great!  Image: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/04bluer6/FECCD34C-98EF-489A-95C1-283FDB43DAEA-1882-0000026FF79C5AD5.jpg   Image: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/04bluer6/B3E7063A-4DF6-48E9-A7E9-C301663AE19D-1882-00000270183CC8D5.
If you would prefer not to receive any further emails from us, please click here to visit your account area and uncheck the "Receive Email from Administrators" option.
Sponsor this Newsletter! Our monthly newsletter is a great way to reach new customers, and promote your latest products at very affordable rates. Email sales at autoguide.com for more information or contact your sales rep.
LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
111 Peter Street, Suite 700
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
M5V 2H1   Follow Us       Unsubscribe