[members] Fw: Lotus Looks to Boost Sales 5 Times by 2015, Snow Lotus, And A New World Record - January 2013

Mark Velky dmc.lotus at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 07:56:16 CST 2013

CLNW Member

    Passing it along.

Mark

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Lotustalk.com <bounce at vsobr.com>
To: dmc.lotus at yahoo.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 12:44 PM
Subject: Lotus Looks to Boost Sales 5 Times by 2015, Snow Lotus, And A New World Record - January 2013

 Lotus Looks to Boost Sales 5 Times by 2015, Snow Lotus, And A New World Record - January 2013
To view this email as web page click here
    January 2013

________________________________

Welcome to the January 2013 edition of the LotusTalk.com newsletter!

Do you like that your Lotus is rare, or do you wish that more people could enjoy driving one? Times may be changing, according to an article from our good friends at AutoGuide.com. Check it out below!

Also in this month's newsletter we've put together a great collection of threads for our community, including a new Guinness World Record for speed, pics of Lotuses in the snow, and a gut sport wing installation. After you've read all that, you can click on the image to the right to head directly to the forums.

Enjoy this month's newsletter and remember to drive safely out there!

-Your LotusTalk.com Staff
    Lotus Looks to Boost Sales 5 Times by 2015
Lotus Groups parent company DRB Hicom is predicting some lofty goals for the small sports car company, confident that by 2015 the brand will be selling between  4,000 and 5,000 units per year.
    Plastidipped my airbag and painted the silver ring
So, while doing some interior work on the elise, I decided the air bag looked horrible and it bothered the crap out of me.  So I decided I would try and plastidip it like a few people on here have done and paint the silver ring while I'm at it.   This is pretty similar as to what my air bag looked like before I painted it (not my airbag as I forgot to take a before picture, borrowed this picture from koffee)  Image: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/04bluer6/airbag.
    Hennessey Venom GT sets new world record
Well it's an official Guinness World Record 0-186mph 13.63 seconds  This time with the video  It's also 8 seconds faster then the Bugatti Veyron to 200 mph  :panic:  Watch: Hennessey GT sets world record - BBC Top Gear (http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/hennessey-venom-gt-record-0-300kmh-video-2013-01-21)
    Cool short video
I'm sure this has been posted before... but I just saw it.  I am jealous that we don't have roads like this here in the midwest.  Carving The Alps In Lotus? Lightweight Masterpiece (http://jalopnik.com/5976855/carving-the-alps-in-lotus-lightweight-masterpiece?post=56356570)
    Composite Worx Sp-1 seats
This a review and discussion thread about aftermarket replacement seats for the Exige. :wave:  Some background: I'm about 5'7" 140 lbs, Love the look of the stock Exige seats. Unfortunately my 31-32 waist is just a tad too small for stock  seats and I tend to slide around on the leather if I don't brace myself under hard cornering. Being limited to certain seats offered for the Exige/Elise tight cockpit, I looked at Tillett racing seats, Corbeau and Reverie.
    Project Build: Elise GT Widebody - DIY Fiberglass Mods Explained
While this project build car is a Series 1 Elise, the focus of this thread is DIY composite (fiberglass/carbon fiber) bodywork creation. So even if you own a Series 2, the processes shown directly apply to your Lotus too. Want to shave the front indicators? Create a custom splitter? Widebody flares? Here's how it's done...  Image: http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/xx322/MacLotus/Wide%20Body%20Conversion/001ForumHeader.jpg   Before I jump into the bodywork mods, a little background on last winter's engine conversion.
    Snow Lotus
Have seen a few photo's of Lotus cars in the snow.  Let's see how many cars have seen the cold world during the winter. (my past Elise, not my current Exige).
    Gut Sport Wing Installation
Finished the install today. A keen eye will notice something missing :)  I love the wing, but wasn't much for the platform. We fabricated under clam mounting braces...rock steady and looks pretty sweet. Uprights were painted stripe black, and wing Saffron. Of course, there's 6 small holes in the clam, but I don't have a problem with that...they're easily filled if I ever want to dismount.
If you would prefer not to receive any further emails from us, please click here to visit your account area and uncheck the "Receive Email from Administrators" option.
Sponsor this Newsletter! Our monthly newsletter is a great way to reach new customers, and promote your latest products at very affordable rates. Email sales at autoguide.com for more information or contact your sales rep.
LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
111 Peter Street, Suite 700
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
M5V 2H1   Follow Us       Unsubscribe