[members] Fw: The New Esprit, Cools Mods, And A Wrecked Lotus - December 2012

Mark Velky dmc.lotus at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 31 15:27:59 CST 2012

CLNW Member

    Passing it along.

Mark

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Lotustalk.com <bounce at vsobr.com>
To: dmc.lotus at yahoo.com
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2012 12:00 PM
Subject: The New Esprit, Cools Mods, And A Wrecked Lotus - December 2012

 The New Esprit, Cools Mods, And A Wrecked Lotus - December 2012
To view this email as web page click here
    December 2012

________________________________

Welcome to the December 2012 edition of the LotusTalk.com newsletter!

As the final hours of 2012 slip away, we think that there's no better way to spend them than reading about Lotus' in the December newsletter. This month we've put together a great collection of threads for our community, including several great Lotus YouTube videos, rumors about the new Espirit, and a member's engine build. After you've read the newsletter, you can click on the image to the right to head directly to the forums.

Enjoy this month's newsletter and have a Happy New Year!

-Your LotusTalk.com Staff
    single-DIN (non-tech pack) to double DIN aftermarket tips
Just figured I would share my experience since in most of the research it covers the tech pack cars ditching their awful Alpines for another unit. Well I think most non-tech pack owners want to ditch their POS Alpine for another unit as well...but the wiring is completely different.  I apologize ahead of time-I was under a time crunch tonight and didn't expect it to go as quickly as it did or I would've taken pictures. I am kicking myself because I know how helpful they are, but I think the below description with the photos in the other thread should really help.
    [FS]Just Arrived - 2006 Exige - 1-Owner, CA car
After months of trying to find decent cars I can buy for inventory, another one falls in my lap. This car was originally sold through Lotus of Newport Beach, it's a local CA car that has ALWAYS been garaged and never seen rain. Comes with Lotus car cover, all service up to date, never tracked and has brand new tires. Car is equipped as follows:  *2006 Lotus Exige* * Starlight Black * Star Shield * Touring Pack * Sport Pack (standard) * 9,7XX miles * Asking $42,900
    New Esprit is coming
OK, I won't divulge any names, but heard yesterday from a couple of folks very close to Lotus that the Esprit is close to ready to go. Expect an announcement in the coming weeks and the car to show up in 2014. New owners could of course change their minds at any time, but apparently the car is real and in final validation production form. A lot of time and money has been spent on this project so I would be surprised that whether the current owners or a future one would waste all of the effort and not produce the car.
    Another Honda Powered Lotus
Image: http://www.maseengineering.com/images/uploads/blog/2.jpg   So the time has come for me to write about a regular Mase Engineering stable mate. It’s a 2007 Lotus Exige S owned by Dr. Christopher Prusinski. While ultimately its normal duties were to serve as a steady, reliable, and fun track car, it also is still registered for street use. We left the Lotus fairly unmolested at the beginning of its life. Before the engine conversion, it normally rocked the carbon fiber aero additions, stock 2zz Toyota engine and transmission, AP Racing front brakes, and Lotus Track Pack.
    Post your favorite Lotus youtube videos!
There are a TON of Lotus videos on youtube.  Post your favorite, most awesome, or crazy videos.  I love this one:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-oIPvcw5GI
    Cool Mod - Garage Door Opener Switch`
Saw this on a few other sites.   Hated reaching around for my opener (I don't have visors to clip it to).   Simply took an existing programmed remote and added a momentary switch.  Wired the switch to the remote and installed the remote (the little red button) in the ABS 'panel' I have to the left of my wheel (on the tray) that houses a 12V charger outlet and the remote mute for my Escort 9500.  Parts needed:  - some 20g wire - some spade connectors (crimp on style) - cheap at radio shack - momentary switch - $2 at radio shack  Tools:  - Wire strippers/crimpter tool - Soldering Iron with solder - Your remote - Electrical tape  Process:  - Pry (or Prise as the Brits say) your remote apart.
    Wrecked Lotus ):
Hello, new to posting here but I will tell you my quick story of what happened to my poor car...   I decided to mod my Elise and ship it to BOE Fabrication in Kansas for the work and on the way there the idiotic shipping company attached my car incorrectly through the bottom of the frame and there were small tears in the frame when the car arrived in Kansas. BOE assessed the damage and it was actually totaled out through my insurance company because the frame was compromised.
    After my nightmare of a 2zz rebuild I finally got the Exige up & running *pics*
I finally buttoned up my rebuild thanks to the help from many guys on this forum. It was a nightmare but Im glad I spent the time and trouble to do it, as I learned a lot! We all shared a great deal of laughs at my follies, from the alternator punching a hole in my firewall, , hooking up the battery in reverse polarity, to hooking up the coolant lines wrong and water getting into the motor (thought originally it was the headgasket, so I removed the head , then I was informed after that process my coolant lines were running to the wrong ports).
If you would prefer not to receive any further emails from us, please click here to visit your account area and uncheck the "Receive Email from Administrators" option.
Sponsor this Newsletter! Our monthly newsletter is a great way to reach new customers, and promote your latest products at very affordable rates. Email sales at autoguide.com for more information or contact your sales rep.
LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
111 Peter Street, Suite 700
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
M5V 2H1   Follow Us       Unsubscribe