[members] Fw: News from Friends of P.I.R

Mark Velky dmc.lotus at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 20 01:11:37 CST 2013

CLNW Member

    Passing it along.

Mark

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Friends of PIR <info at fopir.com>
To: dmc.lotus at yahoo.com
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:06 PM
Subject: News from Friends of P.I.R

LATEST NEWS
Arount the Track
Get Ready to Start Your Engines
INFORMATION
FOPIR Website
DownloadsSend In Your PIR Articles and Photos
ABOUT FOPIR

Friends of PIR is a non-profit service organization committed to the
preservation and enhancement of PIR as a resource for those who use it, both
participants and spectators alike; sustaining and expanding PIR's civic
contribution as an institution in North Portland; providing guidance and support
for the ongoing management of PIR in a manner that assures its ongoing value as
a venue for motorsports, police training, bicycling, and other diverse forms of
recreation and entertainment.     CHECK OUT PIR UPCOMING EVENTS
Portland International Raceway Scheduleor download the complete 2013 Schedule (PDF)
 Around the Track   By Mark Wigginton - PIR Track Manager

The days are getting longer, the rain a little warmer, so racing season must be just around the corner!

The schedule is looking good and the roster of familiar events is coming together, with full seasons for drag racing, road racing, motocross, cycling and a whole slew of new running events.

In April the PIR Auto Swap returns, which is a great place to look for a project or the bits you need to complete the project already in your garage. 1500+ booths all the way around the track brings lots of swappers every year. And we will have the second Fall Auto Swap in September after a good start last season.

The Rose Cup returns June 14-16, and the Rose Festival has been working hard to bring some interesting new things to the track this year, plus the always good racing.

The Portland Historics moves to the week BEFORE July 4 for the first time this year, and we are looking for big vintage grids, as well as some surprising changes that should make it all a bit more posh.

Sadly the NASCAR weekend won't return in 2013. The racing was great, but the crowd wasn't keeping pace with the racing. It's a sharp lesson to remember: if you don't support the racing by buying a ticket, there is only one direction things go.

SOVERN's Columbia River Classic and the All-British Field Meet are back for Labor Day weekend, plus there is a full slate of OMRRA, SCCA, Cascades Sports Car Club race weekends filing out the calendar. There is even a new sanctioning body, NASA, doing two road race weekends. Check out their offerings, as they blend high performance track day style events with racing.

In the past couple of years PIR has been discovered by the running crowd, and we will host several 5k fun runs this year: The Electric Run, Rugged Maniac, Kiss Me Dirty, and several more are on the calendar, including the return in September of the massive Color Run (16,000 runners at PIR last year!). Also, look for an announcement on PIR's redone website on the newest event, a really unique running event, the weekend of July 20-21.

See you at the track.

   Ladies & Gentlemen:  Get Ready to Start Those Engines! By Carol Brown

The racing season will be "starting up" soon and will be here before you know it!  The 2013, P.I.R. Calendar is out and is on the http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001d_MHzM3DXkS87nvSY1hUy2RuAts-GK6yGaXqEzUhLxrDnhDtaOvEdxrMlKFGnF_nNgZJXlvJNoATTfi4lFoM6wBSF4oqeU9J8-rFwUOxrxPLmEZ0tAqhaA== Website.

The NHRA Late Night Drags will begin on March 1st and 2nd, weather permitting.  The NHRA, E.T. Bracket Racing program will kick off the new season with its Winter Opener I/Test & Tune with gates opening at 9 A.M. on Sunday, March 10th and the Winter Opener ll will be on Sunday, March 24th, (9 A.M.) with points starting at this race.  E.T.Bracket racing will return to its usual Wednesday night program on March 27th, with gates opening at 4 P.M.  Wednesday, March 20th is a Test & Tune with gates opening at 4 P.M. The Beaches Cruise-In will begin on Wednesday, June 5th. All races are weather permitting.  Come out and join in on the fun and let's go racing!

Driving SchoolGet on the fast track with the CSCC Track Driving School course at P.I.R.Driving School Schedule & Info

FOPIR Is On FacebookFriends of PIR has a part of the social networking community of Facebook.  Follow us for the latest in FOPIR news and happenings.

FOPIR Now Accepting Donations
Friends of PIR are now accepting donations online or by check. Several user
groups have made some great donations to FOPIR. Please keep FOPIR
in mind when making end of the year donations. We appreicate your continued
support.

Mail donations
to:
Friends of PIR
13625 NE Jarrett St
Portland OR
97230

Or online at:
http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001d_MHzM3DXkTkWLOaL0ASWU_fqSXXYAPzxhD6DFmvdh-NraDhLq8d70tJ7Km6cDW8DWsieeo8PIKVpGqOcf0HFLAiCFCFKRyc4eAP7LoEm8iMxObQfJ8EDA==
(look for the Pay
Pal link on main page, bottom left side)

Forward email

This email was sent to dmc.lotus at yahoo.com by info at fopir.com |
Friends of P.I.R| 13625 NE Jarrett St| Portland| OR| 97230