[members] Fw: Lotus Owners Gathering 33

Mark Velky dmc.lotus at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 18 10:22:43 CDT 2013

CLNW Member

    Passing it along.

Mark

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: LOG 33 Committee <tvacc at lotusowners.com>
To: dmc.lotus at yahoo.com
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2013 8:26 PM
Subject: Lotus Owners Gathering 33

Lotus Owners Gathering 33 (LOG 33)
Watkins Glen/Corning NY
August 1-4  2013

Dear (Contact First Name),

Lotus Owners Gathering 33 is just about 2 weeks away.

We are not coordinating this message with any list of attendees, so you may be getting this either to entice you to come to LOG, or if you are coming to LOG 33 to let you know what we have planned once you get to the Finger Lakes region of New York State.

On your way into LOG, please take advantage of one of our incoming visual rallies. You can download the rallies at www.log33.com.   They start from  basically the 4 points of the compass and it is a great way to see the wonderful back roads of New York State.  And do not forget to bring you your models, photos, and artwork to enter in one of our LOG 33 contests.

We are  pleased to annouce that will have a real Lotus Elan 26R for the event as well as a Lotus Mk 10. Rare Lotus Cars and not often seen out of a museum or car collection.

Schecter Guitars has donated a Lotus themed guitar, autographed by Mario Andretti, to be auctioned off at the Saturday night banquet. We will also be auctioning two Lotus 79 models, autographed by Mario Andretti, built by master modeler Jeff Morgan. Jeff has more then 250 hours into the building of the Lotus 79's and they are just a work of art.

Dan Gurney has donated wonderful autographed prints from his All American Racing collection to also be auctioned off.

One hundred percent of the auction proceeds will benefit the Grand Prix Mechanics Charitable Trust. The Trust was started by Sir Jackie Stewart to benefit the many people working in the pits, turning the wrenches of Formula 1 Racing. It is a wonderful cause and you can read more about the trust at http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001TEazxmXrCTCcW3NJ7bdrk6XTZfq5CZPqEGt532GL4xyGyoq4zQy6oQ2yNMkT_gfJJi5nXVqSwuWhxTKSu2LUpBiLmk5tBm36E6Q3OFDYmgk8g15qT_2NmYpr0VCUBXz5.

To celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Lotus Ltd, forty bottles of Andretti Wine, autographed by Mario, will be given away as door prizes. Plus one of the Lotus 79 models will also go as a door prize. When you couple that more door prizes of photos and items donated by our wonderful group of LOG 33 supporters it just adds to the reasons to join us for a great Lotus weekend.

We have had a change in our guest speaker. Our announced guest and speaker, Matt Becker, head of Test and Development at Lotus Cars has been called away by pressing Lotus business overseas.

Gavan Gershaw, Technical Chief of Lotus Racing will be our guest for the LOG 33 weekend. Starting out in go karts and racing them till the age of 18, he has since raced many different types of vehicles.  Gavan's involvement in the higher levels of LeMans type racing have led him to build a working relationship with many highly regarded racing engineers and racing teams. We welcome Gavan to LOG 33 and we hope you will show him your car and spend a little time getting some driving tips from one heck of a Lotus driver.

And there is more. Bob Dance, chief mechanic for Team Lotus from the 60's to the 80's. will be our guest for the weekend. Bob was chief mechanic for Jimmy Clark, Graham Hill, Jochen Rindt, Emerson Fitipaldi, Ronnie Peterson, Mario Andretti , Aryton Senna, and Mika Hakkinen. Bob is just a treasure trove of wonderful stories about those heady racing days of Colin Chapman and Team Lotus.

Steve Allen, accountant for Team Lotus and now for Classic Team Lotus is our guest, as is John Ambler. John was with Team Lotus from the Type 72 Formula 1 car to the start of the T92 Formula 1 car. John was part of the team that designed and built the championship winning Lotus 79, the twin chassis cars and member of the team responsible for the development and testing of the first F1 Team designed composite chassis.

There is a lot going on at LOG 33 and promises to be a really fun time. If you are coming to LOG 33, look us up when you get there. If you are not coming, give it a second thought. It is not too late to join us but register soon as August 2nd, 3rd and 4th is just around the corner.

For more information about LOG 33 please go to http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001TEazxmXrCTBcxBE0rCqHi9qYrI3C5eYp5CvGgMJCL6ClWUibin2a16Y7insCfPMIw2TCKd4iXCwPMJolMK4r71j-VKsoQG50iLZwL80nEDXqxBOLT7zVBw==.

Regards,

LOG 33 c-chairs

Forward this email

This email was sent to dmc.lotus at yahoo.com by tvacc at lotusowners.com |
Lotus Limited| PO BOX L| College Park| MD| 20741