[members] Fw: Oregon Festival of Cars Event Update 5-30.2013

Mark Velky dmc.lotus at yahoo.com
Thu May 30 13:06:25 CDT 2013

CLNW Member

    Passing it along.

Mark

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Oregon Festival of Cars <info at oregonfestivalofcars.com>
To: dmc.lotus at yahoo.com
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2013 9:12 AM
Subject: Oregon Festival of Cars Event Update 5-30.2013

Untitled Document

Oregon Festival of Cars Weekend Schedule Announcement - 5.30.2013
Schedule Details!
     We know we’ve been quiet for a long time, but you can’t imagine the half of what we’ve been going through to get this year’s Oregon Festival of Cars to happen!
The big roadblock has been a scheduling conflict at the Les Schwab Amphitheater that just hasn’t wanted to resolve itself. We’ve worked, waited, pushed, reasoned, and begged, yet we still don’t know if the date will be available to us.

Finally, we came to the conclusion that we just had to move on. We have now completed arrangements to move the Festival to the driving range at the Broken Top Club. You may remember the site from last year - we had breakfast at Broken Top.

If you have been to Broken Top Club, you know that it is a drop-dead gorgeous site for the Festival. The driving range sits across the lake from the Club House. It is circled by mature trees, with snow-capped mountains in the background. The photograph of the Festival Cars on-site will definitely be postcard caliber.
Broken Top Club is eager to have us, and is looking to establish a multi-year relationship with us. General Manager Brad Myrick is a car guy (Maserati owner), and knows all about the public’s fascination with beautiful cars. Brad is eager to help us continue the Festival’s upward arc to becoming one of the country’s premier regional celebrations of the automotive hobby.

We were also disappointed to learn that personal issues forced Barbara McQueen to cancel her appearance at the Festival. We will try to get her, and the Steve McQueen focus she would bring, to the Festival next year.

After further research, we have expanded this year’s theme to be the Anniversary Edition of the Oregon Festival of Cars. We remain excited to be celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the Porsche 911, and we are expecting to present a comprehensive representation of the many variants of the 911. But we will also be celebrating 100 years of Aston Martin, 50 years of Lamborghini and 60 years of the Corvette! It’s going to be quite a birthday cake!

But remember - your marque or model doesn’t have to be celebrating an anniversary to participate. The key attraction of the Festival is that every year it celebrates all members of the automotive hobby.

So please send in your registration promptly, and try to get your friends to join us. Our new site gives us more room than ever, and the more cars on display the better.  Meanwhile, we are busy working on some new ideas that will make the Festival even more fun for the participants. We will update you as these developments are finalized.
ACCOMMODATIONS... SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO STAY
  Our "Festival Headquarters" hotel is Mount Bachelor Village. They are offering attractive room rates for Festival participants. Mt. Bachelor offers multi-room units and houses with a garage, if you want to share with your family or friends.
Great Festival rates are also extended at:
	* The Riverhouse, the site of the Saturday banquet.

	* The Oxford Hotel, Bend's new, small, urban,  sophisticated hotel with covered parking.
Contact information on all these hotels is available on the Festival website's Accommodations page, http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=0010ve3hVjoVsYbB2BulzfHYefj-vETmSKw3kE_FWrM6xdWiCiLt7cuRHMNafHZfdFqF2mK6asO6T8Quc399JLJV7ega79r4KrPhMg8tnKI3AT4Bp25CVTWXsqs66AH4qV39Od5XwMhJQ_tjtnsEzC11w==
REGISTRATION...
  Because our planning this year has taken a bit more time, we are extending our Early Bird pricing until August 15. We have some really great participant gifts that you will use over and over, but the quantities are limited -- so register early!
You may register online at MotorsportsReg.com. You may also still fax or mail in your registration.
Get Early Bird pricing until August 15. Pricing and registration details at: http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=0010ve3hVjoVsZIFiYf4_8Rtffewf4fcdq7RQ3eqIOZmaTPD6gMBooH_JDrUz5h1-YW6usoIcPWQnBKBvoMsHjwxx9q205epvwjak8bGGOvRfMN2SUgKRFSo311Y_pmqoXPNbd0peBIPsjJukRYoSFCkxFWgEfgeoBd.

Like us on                     2013 Charity:
Copyright 2013 Oregon Festival of Cars | For more information: info at oregonfestivalofcars.com

Forward email

This email was sent to dmc.lotus at yahoo.com by info at oregonfestivalofcars.com |

Oregon Festival of Cars | 4004 Kruse Way Place, Suite 200 | Lake Oswego | OR | 97035