[members] Fw: Lotus Exige S Roadster, Velvet Wrap, And Overseas Car Shipping - May 2013

Mark Velky dmc.lotus at yahoo.com
Wed May 29 13:39:51 CDT 2013

CLNW Member

    Passing it along.

Mark

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: LotusTalk.com <bounce at vsobr.com>
To: dmc.lotus at yahoo.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 11:03 AM
Subject: Lotus Exige S Roadster, Velvet Wrap, And Overseas Car Shipping - May 2013

Lotus Exige S Roadster, Velvet Wrap, And Overseas Car Shipping - May 2013
To view this email as web page click here
    May 2013

________________________________

Welcome to the May 2013 edition of the LotusTalk.com newsletter!

To start off this month, our good friends from AutoGuide.com have a great article about the Lotus Exige S Roadster making a summer appearance. Click on the first link below to read all about it!
Also in this month's newsletter we've put together a great collection of threads for our community, including a look at a velvet wrapped Evora, a discussion on shipping a car overseas, and pics of an AIM MXL install. After you've read all that, you can click on the image to the right to head to AutoGuide.com for their list of the Top 10 Affordable Rear-Wheel-Drive Cars.

Enjoy this month's newsletter and remember to drive safely out there!

-Your LotusTalk.com Staff
    Lotus Exige S Roadster to Drop its Top this Summer
Despite being unveiled last year, the Lotus Exige S Roadster has been missing in action ever since. That will all change this summer, as the British automaker has confirmed itll be heading to dealerships  at least in Europe.
    Pictures: AIM MXL install
Just wanted to share the progress of my dash install. I'm using the brackets made by Brent Bauman. It is a SUPER clean and easy install. You only have to tap 4 wires from the stock cluster harness(+/- power and +/- CAN) and you get you your standard dash functions(fuel level, water temp, rpm, speed,... etc.) Then you can add whichever extra AiM sensors that you like for your setup. The bracket bolts right inplace of the factory cluster using the same 4 holes.
    Oh, you compromised!
Interesting story to share with the forum. Today I went to see the Ferrari Challenge event at the Sonoma Racetrack. Stopped by the Ferrari area to look at the new F12. I was with a dear friend of mine who happens to be famous and met the President of Ferrari USA.  After a quick intro he started to ask why my friend does not drive a Ferrari and giving him a hard time since he has an MacLaren MP4 and an Mercedes SLR. Then when he hears that I have a Lotus he looks at me and says: "I have no problem with you because you had to compromise" and kept on giving my friend grief for his choices.
    Wrap It In Velvet
I received my newest HOT ROD magazine yesterday and read about a new wrap that I thought my Lotus brethren would like to know about.  Seems the fashion forward beat me to it.  Is that you Swizz?  (Seriously, this would be good for an interior application, like the Ferrari "mouse fur" anti-glare on top of a dashboard.  I've seen a few Esprits that need a new dash top and this could be easy to apply.)  Velvet-car.com  Here you go:
    Sending our cars overseas...on a boat..
Anybody shipped their car (or any car) across the ocean...Europe to States or States to Austrailia? I'm trying to figure out what potential hazards exist in that journey...salt air? Condensation, repeated dew points? Anything that might prevent the car from starting at the destination port?(like no battery left..:(). What to watch out for?
    Lotus VS Volkswagen --- Severe Irony!
Okay, so im not working overtime this weekend with the goal of funding some Lotus part and the wife and I decide to go to a local car show here in LA - (lower Alabama). Just for ****s and giggles we take the 72 Baja Bug also. You don't see many of either down here.  The Exige wins 1st place. Image: http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z449/gunpilot1/LotusShow1.jpg  (http://s1190.photobucket.com/user/gunpilot1/media/LotusShow1.jpg.html)  The Bug wins Best Of Show! Image: http://i1190.
    First Matte Mettalic Red (Anodized) Elise?
So I'm nearing the end of my Fiasco (see build threads in sig) and car is mostly in one piece (Short of front Grilles)>  Not 100% Happy with the color, but I am the first one to mix and spray it so I cant say much.  This IS a Plasti-Dipped car, and I have full intentions of going back OEM later this year.  The color is exactly what I wanted from 10+ft away. Any closer and it looks like a Glitter covered Barbie car.... Maybe im harsh (everyone local seems to like it) but hey, blame me?  Image: http://thechazz.
    Cleaning Blemishes on the aluminum tub?
Hello all,  Any way to clean the aluminum tub with out taking off the finish? I have some black marks from shoes and such.  Let me know your thoughts,  ZW
If you would prefer not to receive any further emails from us, please click here to visit your account area and uncheck the "Receive Email from Administrators" option.
Sponsor this Newsletter! Our monthly newsletter is a great way to reach new customers, and promote your latest products at very affordable rates. Email sales at autoguide.com for more information or contact your sales rep.
LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
111 Peter Street, Suite 700
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
M5V 2H1   Follow Us          Unsubscribe
Update Profile
Manage Subscriptions
Privacy Policy