[members] Fw: Hollywood Elige Photoshoot, Public Backlash, And A Track Day Report - October 2013

Mark Velky dmc.lotus at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 9 20:06:30 CDT 2013

CLNW Member

    Passing it along.

Mark

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: LotusTalk.com <bounce at vsobr.com>
To: dmc.lotus at yahoo.com
Sent: Wednesday, October 9, 2013 10:09 AM
Subject: Hollywood Elige Photoshoot, Public Backlash, And A Track Day Report - October 2013

Hollywood Elige Photoshoot, Public Backlash, And A Track Day Report - October 2013

To view this email as web page click here
    October 2013
Hello LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community Member!
Welcome to the October 2013 edition of the LotusTalk.com newsletter!

To start off this month, our good friends from AutoGuide.com have a great article about the Top 10 Cars That Should Come With a Stick But Dont. Click on the first link below to read all about it!
Also in this month's newsletter we've put together a great collection of threads for our community, including a discussion on public backlash against your Lotus, a track day report, and pics of new interior lighting. After you've read all that, you can click on the image to the right to head to AutoGuide.com for their list of the Top 10 Underrated Cars.

Enjoy this month's newsletter and remember to drive safely out there!

-Your LotusTalk.com Staff

Read More >
    Top 10 Cars That Should Come With a Stick But Dont
If its not a diesel-powered, rear-wheel-drive station wagon with a manual transmission, its not worth considering, let alone buying.
Read More >
    Photoshoot of my Elige in Hollywood w/ new LED DRLs
Here's a quick photoshoot I did of the car today. Let me know what you think.

Since the last photoshoot I posted here of the car, I've painted the gas cap (thanks 6i9, GStephan, Murix, MadMan Markiss, agirls, Julio at Mulholland, and many others), added the spoiler (thanks shay2nak and RENDERMAN) and did the front LED DRLs (thanks t955152). If I forgot to thank anyone for your ideas, please post and remind me!

Last pics have the DRLs on, and the final pic is with the low beam HIDs on as well.
Read More >
    I can see inside the Elise at night now! Much needed lighting!
So, everyone knows the little light on the rear panel doesn't light up the inside of the car enough at night especially in non lit places.  So I saw this thread:

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f92/interior-lighting-96754/

and I decided to do this seeing how its a cheap and pretty easy helpful mod.  I ordered 2 of these:

AM series Miniature Rectangle Accent Light - Black | LED Light Modules | Accent Lighting | Super Bright LEDs (http://www.superbrightleds.
Read More >
    Tuning Software: Stock Lotus ECU
This thread is to better explain the features and availability of the very comprehensive tuning suite for the stock ECU.  In addition, will post the tunes that we've made with the software and their availability.

*Background*

This software, known as _FastWorks_ was pioneered by one of the best ECU software engineers on the planet (handle is Hackish on the forums). We have worked together for months on end, around the clock, to release this extremely powerful bit of software that completely unlocks the stock ECU! This software unlocks the stock ECU allowing you to have "standalone" like flexibility/tunability (remember the Lotus ECUs started life out as high-end standalone race ECUs) with all the great OBDII compliancy of a stock Lotus tune remaining intact.
Read More >
    New look of my lotus exige ( green chrome wrap)
Hi every body!
I received my lotus after 3 days of full wrap job. I m very happy about the result. Probably the first lotus exige wrapped green chrome. Thank s to majestics here in quebec city, canada
Hope you will like it :)

Image: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/balone10/image.jpg

Image: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/balone10/image-4.jpg

Image: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/balone10/image-1.jpg

Image: http://i2.
Read More >
    where do you keep registration documents?
I picked up my Elise last Saturday, and it dawned on me today I hadn't been carrying my registration, insurance, etc. documents.  I threw them in the boot today, but I don't expect a police officer will like that much.  Where do you guys keep them so they're handy, yet out of the way and secure?  I'm leaning towards a document sleeve/folder velcroed under the passenger seat.  I feel like that would look suspicious, too, reaching under the seat during a stop.
Read More >
    Had it a month...wasn't expecting public backlash
So I've had my chrome orange 06 for a little over a month now, and am thoroughly enjoying it.  It's my daily driver, and I read all the threads about what to watch out for & expect and all that.   But what I wasn't expecting was the backlash.

While I was busy minding my own business, apparently some people in my tiny little town with too much time on their hands have taken to facebook, and I got the pleasure of seeing it thanks to a coworker.

"douche"
"drives like an idiot"

and the gem of the bunch:  "I was driving a few cars behind him yesterday, it was all I could do to not rear-end him.
Read More >
    Finally had my first track day in the Lotus
-Hope it's the right forum

I was introduced to PDX last year and used my Boxster. I have since developed a sickness and need to bore the sh!t out of my wife with car/race talk. Thankfully, our season started in April and I've hit all but one event this year.

Last weekend I tried out the Elise, pretty much stock with the exception of Rotas and R-comps. Opened a pretty technical configuration (B) of Reno Fernley Raceway Track Information, Track Facts and Configurations (http://www.
Read More >
LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
111 Peter Street, Suite 700
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
M5V 2H1

Follow Us                   Unsubscribe  |  Update Profile  |  Manage Subscriptions  |  Privacy Policy             Sponsor this Newsletter! Our monthly newsletter is a great way to reach new customers, and promote your latest products at very affordable rates. Email sales at autoguide.com for more information or contact your sales rep.