[members] Fw: Fwd: Fw: Club Lotus Northwest Mid-Central Fall Tour

Schwartz Daniel d.j.schwartz73 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 09:48:37 CDT 2013

Hi Mark,

A few points that I could add.

First, I re-drove the route Saturday.  It was almost entirely free of
debris.  A couple sections had some shmeg on the road, but better than I
expected considering the heavy rains last week.  We'll just have a few
sections to go (very) slowly and enjoy the scenery!

Second, if you wish to refuel in Eugene, there is one gas station I stay
pretty loyal to right along the route to the start of the tour from I5.
They don't charge for air either.

When following these directions, at #4, turn right on Willamette and there
is a 76 station about 4 blocks up the road.

* **Exit I5 at exit 189*
*a.     **From the north, exit 189.  At the end of the off ramp, turn right
a the traffic light onto McVay Hwy and head south for about 0.5 miles.  Then
turn right onto 30th Avenue.*
*b.     **From the south, exit 189 and turn left onto 30th Avenue.*
 *2.     **Continue on 30th Avenue for 3.2 miles.  Turn left onto Hilyard
at the traffic light (note Albertsons on left)*
*3.     **Immediately turn right onto 31st Avenue.*
 *4.     **After about 0.5 miles, turn left onto Willamette St.*
 *5.     **Proceed south on Willamette St. about 3.1 miles where you will
find the entrance to Spencer Butte park on the left just prior to the crest
of a hill.*

I'm happy to hear some people will be coming.  Heard from a about 4 others,
so we should have a nice convoy!  Hopefully the tour will be worth your
efforts!!

Thx, DJS

--
Daniel J. Schwartz