[members] Fw: Lotus Plan Axed, Manual Transmissions, And Supercar Saturday Pics - August 2013

Mark Velky dmc.lotus at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 4 18:48:53 CDT 2013

CLNW Member

    Passing it along.

Mark

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: LotusTalk.com <bounce at vsobr.com>
To: dmc.lotus at yahoo.com
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2013 8:54 AM
Subject: Lotus Plan Axed, Manual Transmissions, And Supercar Saturday Pics - August 2013

Lotus Plan Axed, Manual Transmissions, And Supercar Saturday Pics - August 2013

To view this email as web page click here
  August 2013
Hello LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community Member!
Welcome to the August 2013 edition of the LotusTalk.com newsletter!

To start off this month, our good friends from AutoGuide.com have a great article about Lotus axing it's five car plan. Click on the first link below to read all about it!
Also in this month's newsletter we've put together a great collection of threads for our community, including a discussion on the sad state of manual transmissions, pics from July's Supercar Saturdays, and a video of the Ultra Lotus Exige S. After you've read all that, you can click on the image to the right to head to AutoGuide.com for their list of the Top 10 Least Stolen Cars.

Enjoy this month's newsletter and remember to drive safely out there!

-Your LotusTalk.com Staff

Read More >
   Lotus Secures its Future, But Five Car Plan Axed
With rumors of a future for Lotus swirling, the company will live on as its new owner DRB-Hicom has signed off on a three-year plan to fund the British sports car maker.
Read More >
   Why don't you see many people driving Lotus Elise?
Hi all,

First time posting!

I've been looking into the Series 2 Lotus Elise - the amazing performance, critically acclaimed to be the best drive of any legal car, surprisingly good economy and cost a fraction of most sports cars.

My questions is, considering this I would expect to see more around. I know its probably not the most practical considering the boot space but I see Porsches around which have the same problem.

I have never seen a series 2 lotus elise in person.
Read More >
   Uncooked Truth: A Sad State of Manual Transmission Affairs
Found this article interesting and shares my sentiments exactly :

Uncooked Truth: A Sad State of Manual Transmission Affairs | RawAutos.com :: The Connection Between Man And Machine (http://rawautos.com/2013/08/uncooked-truth-a-sad-state-of-manual-transmission-affairs/)

You're welcome to share your opinions.
Read More >
   Thoughts on Evora after 10k miles in a Panamera
I just got back from a 10,000 mile roadtrip (we actually did a little over 10,170 ish but who's counting) in a Porsche Panamera just to jump in the Evora and do a quick 200 miles up to a friends birthday weekend in Paso Robles CA.

The roadtrip in the Panamera was inspired by some events that caused a great amount of hatred for Porsche on behalf of myself and the other 3 guys in the car, so we were really prepared to sheet all over it and tell everyone how terrible it was to be stuck in it for 2 weeks.
Read More >
   Lotus Elise, a grown up Super Seven and more
I just came back from a night time back road jaunt in my 09 Elise SC.  I have have only had the car a month or so but as soon as I got back from my ride I had to write this.  Sorry it is so long...

Let preface what I have to say in that I have owned over 40 cars (almost all purchased used) including my favorite; a 1300 lb. polished aluminum bodied Caterham Super Seven Roadsport with a 135hp Zetec engine, cycle fenders, and De-Dion rear dif. that would break the rear end loose in 3 gears.
Read More >
   I know,it's not coming to the US, but...
Matt Becker on the Exige S...

ULTRA LOTUS EXIGE S - YouTube (http://youtu.be/RSwLkqjKo5I)
Read More >
   Lotus Worker's Names Hidden About My Car
It may be that I am becoming more of an Anglophile because I am enjoying this car, and it's heritage so much.
:UK:

I am reading Jeremy Walton's wonderful book, "Lotus Elise, The Official Story"  and struck by the work and efforts made, the slim budgets, the ingenuity and the magnificent accomplishments.

I believe it was Manager Tony Shute who indicated if they had all had more time and money the car would not have turned out so well.

As I have poked and prodded around the car, I have noticed several places where Lotus Employee names or handwriting appear on labels or etched in marker.
Read More >
   Pictures From July's Supercar Saturdays @ The Promenade in Bolingbrook, IL
Here are some pictures I took at the big local monthly car meet. Met up with a few area Lotus owners.

Image: http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3701/9249737898_50318a03e3_c.jpg

Image: http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2868/9249716668_62b8f26d01_c.jpg

Image: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7401/9247365007_0ce1622e07_c.jpg

Image: http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3745/9247547849_5cc47166fc_c.jpg

Image: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7346/9247534117_d7bc9b9216_c.
Read More >
LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
111 Peter Street, Suite 700
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
M5V 2H1

Follow Us           Unsubscribe | Update Profile | Manage Subscriptions  | Privacy Policy    Sponsor this Newsletter! Our monthly newsletter is a great way to reach new customers, and promote your latest products at very affordable rates. Email sales at autoguide.com for more information or contact your sales rep.